Monday, March 22, 2010

Something You Need to Do

I spent a weekend with 8 longtime friends. We grew up and went to high school together and had been planning this visit for about 4 months. We called it, "The Year we Turn 50
Celebration." When you get with people you haven't been around in a while you assume they are the same people you remember. My buddies were. But it was interesting to watch and listen as we talked about raising kids, politics, the economy-all these issues that escaped us when we were 16 years old. We all turned out different in some ways. The best example was when 3 of us went shopping for food for the rest of the group. But the best part about our visit was I realized how important these people were in my life. And its not that I never knew that. But it was reaffirmed. Even though I hardly see most of the guys they represent a special time in my life. It made me appreciate them and me even more. We all have our struggles and challenges, and success stories. It's something I strongly recommend you do-whether its college friends, or high school chums. It will remind you who you were, but more importantly who you now are. Those 8 buddies are priceless to me-people i can always count on in good times and bad. I hope you are as lucky as me and have friends like that. Plan a get together with them. Life's too short not to do it.

No comments: