Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Girl Scouts

How do we get out of this deep hole called a recession? You and I need to start spending money. Sounds simple doesn't it? I was reminded of that walking out of the grocery store when I saw two Girl Scouts selling cookies. It would have been easy to walk past and say, "No Thank You." Instead I stopped and bought two boxes. Now-that won't put any of us in the black anytime soon, but, if we can all do a little, maybe, just maybe we slowly start to turn things around. It cost me $6.50 for those two boxes of girl scout cookies. I bet between your couch cushions and the car you can find money for a box or 2. We have to start somewhere. I would rather trust you and I than the big banks to turn things around. I choose to trust the Girl Scouts. After all, you don't see them asking for bailout money, do you?

No comments: