Thursday, January 29, 2009

Advice

I love hearing how different people have succeeded in life. Hey, nothing is easy. There are no shortcuts. It fascinates me how people have climbed the ladder, and the things they do to get
where they want to go. A book I highly recommend, although its out of print is, "Strategies in Winning" by Carl Mays. A great, great book. I have so many things underlined and highlighted.
A long long time ago I read an article on Baseball great Carlton Fisk who was a catcher with the Boston Red Sox and the Chicago White Sox. He shared in the article a poem written by his then 18 year old son...

"Dreams are what you make them
It all depends on You
If you really want it bad enough
Desire can make them come true

You can dream about most anything
But Dreams won't get it done
But when you bust your butt
and dreams come true,
That's when You'll have your fun."

I love that poem because it reminds me that hard work, and not just going through the motions,
makes all the difference in the world. I know times are tough and so many people are out of work. But my mom always says when one door closes another one opens. Yes, the doors are fewer and farther between, but they are out there. Don't coast-keep working hard. Dream, but at the same time bust your butt. Success is defined many ways. Keep working hard and good things will happen.

No comments: